Sunday, June 22, 2008

Amir Edwards - Superstition - The Jam Society

I remember that just a few “short” years ago, I was working in Placement Services at Wayne State University, when Susan Edwards knocked at the back door of the office and I got up to go and let her in. Sure enough, it was Susan, wheeling a stroller with her new baby boy, Amir, in it. I was so shocked that the only thing I found remarkable was the color of his eyes. I was like, “Sue, he really has the most beautiful steel grey eyes.”
Well, things have changed and nearly 12-13 years have passed. So, what is the passage of 12-13 years like? To me, truthfully, they were almost as if they were 4-5 years ago. It seems as if nothing much has happened in that short time since I first saw Amir in that baby stroller.
Now, let me update you. Sue called me this Sunday morning and wanted to know if I could find an article about Amir in this Sunday’s Detroit Free Press and download it along with the images it contained to send to those people she knew would be interested. Here is the embedded file that I sent her, along with the PDF file attachment. I am astounded, shocked, in awe of the time that seemed to have passed so quickly. Has it been 12-13 years since then? Could we have grown older? What have I been doing, positive, with my time during that time.
It’s almost shocking or incomprehensible to me but, here is that infant, featured in this Sunday’s Free Press, winning band competitions, something I could never hope to imitate! May God continuously bless him! And, his mother, too!

No comments: