Friday, July 11, 2008

Rev. Jesse Jackson on Barack Obama: I Wanna Cut His Nuts Off

Why? Why would a professional person, a minister of the Gospel, a would-be politician, and a leader of my people utter such words, knowing the possibility of them being broadcast, and destroying many years of his carefully cultivated personal image.

As reported in the Detroit Free Press newspaper on July 10, 2008, "The Rev. Jesse Jackson’s unintentionally announced desire to castrate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama calls to mind former Detroit Mayor Coleman Young’s assessment of Jackson during Jackson’s 1980 presidential campaign: “He’s never run anything but his mouth.’'"

I've always had a lot of respect for Rev. Jackson and his astuteness. But, if he can't do any better than this, he doesn't have the sense he (or even I) was born with. He needs to go to the corner, face the wall, and stay there until I tell him to come out!

No comments: