Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Have Seen the Enemy & It Is Me!

Why have I traditionally been my own worst enemy? Knowing what really is right for me, why have I consistently chosen to make the wrong decisions on my behalf? Why is it that someone can tell us, long before we reach our rest stops, the best way to go, yet we have to continue in the ill-advised direction which may consist of hard knocks, bumping against hard places, rocky roads littered with debris, broken glass, good intentions, broken hearts and buckets of tears. I finally have a clue! Considering the fact that God's will IS right and good then everything He allows into our lives is "right and good." So, since we haven't learned that it is better to obey and follow, we are doomed to the hard knocks until we learn the hard way is not the better way. From now until the end of my life on this plane of existence (in this mansion), I pray that I have learned to listen, that I have learned to dwell in the house of my Lord, and that goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OncTagain...You've done a great thing! How fantastic is this, and I hope the start of wonderful things to come to keep the fam in regular contact, and pressing on toward higher heights. That's right...don't give up. We can do it!

So...well, the only-mainly enemy I sees is the possibility of putting off depriving us's and the world of your talents and capabilities on a regular basis (and why not get paid well for it too...then we could put some real fuel behind our big hearts...that's goes for all of us talented-potential-filled Alexander-Curry kinlationfolk). Ok, so thank you again for sharing your creativity and inspiration to keep us together and motivated to reach for those lovely days of peace, blessings, health, wealth (in every way) and togetherness. Ok, so somebody play Bill Withers singing "A Lovely Day." (And not the Diana Ross remix.)